how does the process work?
1. simply pick out a few favorite photos and send them my way, along with a brief introduction to yourself.
2. i’ll set up a skype or phone consultation to understand any significant meaning behind the photos and any ideas or requirements you may have.
3. i will send you the project timing and invoice; upon receiving your approval, i’ll get to work.
4. you’ll receive a jpg of the final drawing (excluding background), where you’ll have the opportunity to suggest minor adjustments.
5. a few days later, you’ll approve the final version and i’ll ship it out to you or begin the framing process depending upon your preference. it's all pretty easy, really.
how big are the portraits?
i offer two sizes-
standard: approx. 5” x 7"
mini: approx. 2" x 3"
what medium do you work in?
people portraits are done in graphite, and pet portraits are done in pastels.
how long does it take for me to get my portrait in hand?
that depends on the size. standards (5" x 7") take about 2-4 weeks and minis (2" x 3") take about 3-5 days.
what types of photos work best?
as long as the photo looks clear and crisp to your eye, chances are i can work with it. in terms of photo composition, i recommend shots where the subject is not smiling or showing too many teeth. teeth have a way of making the portrait appear more cartoonish. if you simply must show a smile, keep the teeth to a minimum. i know that sounds weird, but trust me. this goes for pets, too.
what happens if your drawing looks nothing like my kid (or mom or grandfather…)?
i put my heart into every single portrait, and each one that leaves my studio takes a tiny piece of me with it. so my standards are pretty darn high. but in the rare case where you may be unsatisfied, thinking “who the hell is that kid that jill drew?”, i will take the necessary steps to make sure you’re pleased in the end.
what is the pricing?
standards (5" x 7"): $395
minis (2" x 3"): $99
do you frame it, too?
i would love to handle all the matting and framing for you. i’ll pick out several options i think would work well with the finished piece, and you will have the opportunity to approve everything before a dime is spent. all framing costs are additional to the portrait.
what types of payment do you accept?
all payment is handled through PayPal. it’s the most secure way to use your VISA, Mastercard, Discover or American Express to pay for your portrait. the best part is that you don’t even need to set up a PayPal account first.
services: custom artwork | custom drawings | custom portraits from photos | pet portraits | modern portraits | unique home accessories | ways to personalize your home
unique gift ideas for all occasions: gifts for her | gifts for him | wedding & engagement gifts | anniversary gifts | graduation gifts | sympathy gifts | thank you gifts | holiday gift ideas | gifts for someone who has everything